Officer Jones!!!

Scott got accepted into Salt Lake Community College's Police Academy today!! I am so proud of him. This has been a long battle for him. There is a test that you have to take prior to getting accepted and he failed it twice. It tests in grammar, math, reading and incident report writing. Each section you must get 70% or higher to pass the test. The first time he failed grammar 60% and math 60%. The second time he failed just grammar at 65%. The third time...HE PASSED with and overall score of 84% (90% in math, 84% grammar, 85% reading and 95% in incident report writing)! He had went to UVU to apply last week but was still waiting on the test results so he was placed 1st on the waiting list. Rather than us pressing our luck we decided he should apply at SLCC and not chance waiting for someone to cancel or not show up at UVU the first day of school. He had an appointment at SLCC today and got accepted. So until the end of next April you will see my hubby in nothing but
This...and this...Ok not dressed like a doll but dressed in uniform...

and doing this...
That is IF you see him since he will work all day and go to the academy all night until 9:30. I know all the hard work will pay off. Scott doesn't really want to be an officer, he wants to do SWAT but probably will end up being an officer for awhile until he can get on SWAT!! Congrats babe...I am so proud of you!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome! Congrats Scott! Sounds like it will be busy for both of you but worth it in the end!

HaleyandGabe said...

thats so awesome!!! Im so happy for you guys!

*WEST* said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Kayla said...

That is awesome! I'm excited he got in. Also I heard that SLCC POST is a little easier as far as PT goes so that should be good for him. He is smart to start running now though. It will kick his butt even if he is in shape, trust me!

And enjoy your quality time with him now. I thought it wouldn't be bad to work full time, work a second job part time and go to school 6 days a week. It sucks though! I ended up going on call at both jobs just to stay sane. It's worth it, but it's hard!! Tell him congrats though. It will be the best thing he's ever done.

Rappleye Family said...

Thats exciting!! How neat! What a cool experience! GO SCOTT!

missy brimhall said...

Uncle Ken told us at the lake. This is awesome. I love that Scotty is going to be a cop. Lets hope he doesn't run into himself on the job:)Missed you guys at the lake.