It has been a long nine months for me and the boys but we all survived including Scott! Scott graduated from the Police Academy Friday April 30, 2010. I am extremely proud of him! He has grown so much over the last nine months. He has matured more, became more patient than me, and has a whole different outlook on life. Some of you have even asked me how I'm going to do it being married to a police officer? Am I afraid he will die in the line of duty? Do I realize what we're getting ourselves into? The answer...I know this is and has been a passion of Scott's ever since we got married. He loves this line of work and has always had an interest in it. He thrives for an adrenaline rush. He wants to eventually do swat or the gang unit. Am I scared...not really. Why? Because I know he has been very well trained and I expect him to come home to me and the boys every night. If he doesn't I know he will have given his life doing what he always wanted and loved and I didn't hold him back from doing it. I am more "afraid" of the saying police officer's kids are like bishops kids...they are either really good or really bad. I just hope we have instilled and are still teaching ours well and leading them down the correct path in life. So one day they can make the "right" choices themselves. I think I have came to a "real" understanding of what we're getting ourselves into. I realize we may have to move, I know to have a plan every minute of every day, and I shouldn't be afraid. Police officer are trained by the best to "be the best"...and I know Scott will be just that!! Congrats babe I am more than proud of you!!We had a graduation BBQ for Scott to celebrate his accomplishment on Saturday but of course my luck kicked in and it rained. So we moved the BBQ to the church and had a nice potluck lunch instead. I didn't take any pictures because I was to busy hosting. But we had such a awesome turnout. From parents and siblings, to cousins and friends it was so good to see everyone that came and supported Scott! Thanks to all of you that came our celebration wouldn't have been what it was without each of you there!!
2 comments:
Awesome! Glad this part is done! Cant wait to see what the future holds for you;-)
Congrats! That is an awesome accomplishment!! Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment