The Last Month...Or So!!?

We haven't had new family pictures since Kandon was about 1 1/2 old now he is almost 3! While we were in Arizona a month ago for Scott's brother's wedding we had my sweet sister in law Shawna take a few with my camera. I "love" them to pieces and think they turned out great.June 22nd just two days after we came home from Arizona I had major arm surgery on my elbow. I had Ulner Nerve Disfunction, it caused me achy pains up my arm to the point I would wake up almost crying. About a week before my surgery I woke up my arm dead and painful as could be and for the life of me could not move it! What they do in the surgery is make a incision along the elbow and take the ulner nerve and move it to the inside of your arm. I can tell now the pain is gone I am just still healing from the pain due to the surgery itself. I was in a splint and sling for 10 days. Now I am in and out of a sling and splint and I can tell where the nerve is at now cause it is so TIGHT! The doctor said within 12 weeks I will be back to 100% and my 12 week mark is September 14! Whoo hoo I can't wait until I can wake up and be able to move my arm normal again!

Here are some pics of my arm but be fair warned I have been told there are GROSS (I personally don't think so) but if you have a weak stomach don't look at them.
Then on July 3rd we were leaving to go to Stadium of Fire and right before walking out the door Kandon fell off my step hit my bookshelf right inbetween his eyes on his nose. It was bleeding like crazy and luckily we got it to stop and ended up being like 20 mins late. The next day he had black eyes underneath by the day after that it was on top and bottom. Poor kid luckily they healed quickly and you can hardly tell now.
Then Scott decided he wanted a bigger truck. Not necessarily bigger but a bigger motor and four-wheel drive, that's right his old truck was not. He put his on ksl on July 5th on a monday night around 5pm and by 8pm it was sold. We were going to get a Nissan Titan and found out they had bad reviews so we looked at the Toyota Tundra's. He ended up getting one of those on July 12th and he "loves" it!! It's super nice and I'm glad we got it. Plus we had a great down payment and have only $150 truck payment, can't complain since its our only car payment.
Then just 2 days later, July 14th my boss called me and fired me...while on medical leave for my arm. Why...I have no idea other than she said they are short staffed and had to fill my position. I have been there 9 1/2 years and it was totally unexpected. It came as a HUGE shock!! I was not released to go back until I had full movement of my arm and I was suppose to go back on August 4th, guess she couldn't wait. I felt many different emotions...anger, confusion, sadness, and peace. I still feel peace...my boss was often difficult to work for. I don't need the money, since I was part time I didn't make much after paying for our insurance. So the worst part of it is the insurance and as of July 31st we have none. My kids should qualify for chip and hopefully Scott gets a job, soon!! I will no longer be working here....
One of the worst things that's happened besides all I've listed is I was backing out of my garage July 21st forgetting that my hatch was opened on my MDX because I was upset about Karter loosing my itouch (which we found later). I hit the trim of my garage breaking my window, tearing the wiper apart and causing $2814 worth of damage...that's right I said $2814!!
Luckily I can say I have a $500 deductible so that's our portion, I guess that's the upside of it.
I hope this next month goes better for us...or year for that matter!

Karter will be starting first grade which brings tears to my eyes every time I think about it. As of right now and hopefully for good I will be a stay at home mom!! Something I have prayed and wanted for a LONG, LONG, LONG time!!

8 comments:

Kate said...

Wow Mandi, you guys have had a crazy month! At least your gray outfit is to die for. I love it!

The Bischoff's said...

Mandi- Holy Cow! I'm so sorry for the crappy month you had! It will all work out for you guys! Your family pic is awesome!! You look so great! Ü

HaleyandGabe said...

poor Kandon! that dress is so dang cute that you have on your family picture.

*WEST* said...

For sure has been an adventurous month for you!
August will be GREAT!!

Rappleye Family said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I am so sorry Mandi!! WOW!! What a crazy month for you. Thats nuts about your job. I can't believe that. On the upside we are interested in giving you business in your photography. We are thinking about getting some family pictures with Alyssa soon. Do you have a studio? Do you do baby pictures? How should I contact you? Loves!

Amanda said...

that bizznatch!! ewe,.. I loathe that woman. I'm sorry Mandi! Property Solutions is hiring,.. they are pretty good employer,.. it's my brother's company, and that is where Peter is working! So if you need something,.. look into it! I hope things start getting better for you guys! Love ya!

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

Your family pictures are too cute! If you got fired just cause you were on medical leave and there was no other reason, you can sue the crap out of the hospital. they can't do that.

CRYSTAL said...

Wow what a time you have been having.... Ya know Timp has a way of firing people when they are on medical leave, remember thats what they did to me when I was on leave with the twins. Oh well who needs them anyway. :)
Sorry to hear about all the other trial that have been going on.
Your family pictures are beautiful its been a long time since we have seen each other we really should get together sometime.