Stung Again

As many of you already know Karter is allergic to bees. A couple weeks ago we had a 2nd scare of him getting stung by a bee. Luckily and much to our surprise he did not react the way the doctor planned and prepared us for. We were told last time we needed to carry an epipen and plan on calling 911 to assure he would be at an emergency room within 2o minutes because he would probably have a difficult time breathing or possibly stop breathing.
I am so grateful that he did not react the way we were prepared for. He was outside playing when suddenly I heard him screaming and crying. I ran to the door to find out that he had been stung. I immediately ran in the house and got some benadryl and the epipen just in case. I was advised not to use the epipen until there was obvious signs of difficulty breathing. I called the doctor and they told me to watch him for an hour. I did, and thankfully he only swelled a little bit. I still carry my epipen just in case but pray I never have to use it!!

No comments: