Karter's First Day of School

K loves to give Kisses
A loves to Ask questions
R loves me to Read to him every night.
T we are so Thankful he is part of our family
E is very Entergetic
R is very Respectful
I can't even believe Karter started kindergarten this year. It makes me so sad that he is growing up right before my eyes and there is nothing I can do to stop it. I am so proud of him though for being so brave and not crying the first day. I totally expected to have a meltdown and luckily did not. Karter is very sensitive and cries over everything. I knew that if he started crying I would breakdown and cry too. It made it much easier that the school had a safety assembly that the parents of the kindergartners were asked to attend. So I didn't have to just take him into class and drop him off. Although he was latched onto my leg while going to class once we got there he sat by the new friend he had already made and said "Bye mom I love you". So although I never ended up crying I am sad that he is already in kindergarten.

5 comments:

Lindsay Henderson said...

Yay you updated! Tell Karter we miss him and congrats on starting kindergarden! I love the pictures you posted. Talk to you soon!

Amanda and Tom said...

Hey mandi! I'm glad you found our blog so we can keep in touch better! ya i have been blog staulking you guys for a while now. ha ha! Your boys look so cute! I can't believe Karter is in school already...crazy!

Cristi & McKay Morley said...

He's getting so big. I was at Salem days too, why didn't I see you?

Mandy said...

Thanks so much for your nice comment. It's fun to see your cute family and your photography. Great work!
I'll add you to my google reader so I can keep in touch!

Thanks again Mandi!

Alisa said...

I balled like a baby when I took Brooklyn to kindergarten on the first day. She was my first and it seemed so overwhelming to send my "baby" off into the big wide world. I didn't want anyone to hurt her and I didn't want her to see hurt. I wanted her to stay innocent and I knew that this was just the beginning of her learning about good things as well as the not so good things. Now my third, Dakota, is a big kindergartner and I am so proud of her. I am glad that Karter is doing well, too.