President Gordon B. Hinckley


I just wanted to pay my tribute to Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. I think we all learned many things from such a wonderful man. I know for me he reminded me to be a better mother, wife and friend. I am grateful I was able to listen to all his many teachings throughout the last 13 years. I feel that all our lives can be continually blessed if we try to remember even a few things he taught. One of his quotes I feel we can learn from is "Let us all try to stand a little higher, be a little better. Make the effort. You will be happier. You will know new satisfaction, a new gladness in your heart." What a wonderful quote! Scott and I teach the 12-13 year olds at church and I think his 6 B's are a great example for the youth but also to each one of us young and old.

A Prophet’s Counsel and Prayer for Youth
6 B's from President Hinckley

1. Be grateful. Express appreciation to everyone who does us a favor or assists us in any way.

2. Be smart. The Lord wants us to train our minds and hands to become an influence for good.

3. Be clean. We live in a world filled with filth and sleaze. We cannot afford to let it touch us. We should not be disrespectful of the body which the Lord has given us.

4. Be true. Let us be loyal to the Church under all circumstances. The authorities of this Church will lead us in paths of happiness.

5. Be humble. The meek and the humble are those who are teachable.

6. Be prayerful. Look to the Lord for understanding and guidance, and walk according to His precepts and commandments.

A few things I will never forget about President Gordon B. Hinckley
-his teachings of the gospel
-his smile
-his humor
-his cane
-how much love he showed for his wife
-to always stand as a witness of Christ

He will be greatly missed by all. "May God be with you till we meet again."

No comments: