
We did end up taking our little camping trip to Lava Hot Springs! It was very much needed after everything that had happened last week. We kept debating on if we should go or not but finally decided to just do it. We left later than we had originally planned on Thursday because we had to wait for our insurance to come and take pictures and get an estimate of the damages on Scott's bike. But once we got there it was all worth the wait! Our kids were pretty good, Karter met some new friends and I even rafted down the river!! For those of you that don't know I HATE WATER!!! Or at least the fear of drowning in it! I don't know if I had just had enough and didn't care what happened at that time or what got into me but it was a ton of fun. My mom, Ian (who hates water as much as me), Karter (he absolutely loved it) and Kandon (didn't even cry) went down with us! The water park there is a lot of fun and really close to our campground. It was nice to get away from the "hectic" everyday life I feel like we have been living all summer and relax. Plus if you have ever been to Lava Hot Springs you can walk everywhere without even driving!! That was a big plus by not having to get the kids in the car everywhere we went!! We even got to watch there little parade and when I say little that is exactly what I mean! The parade went up and back down main street in a total of 10-15 minutes but Karter loved all the candy they threw! The last night there Ian played his guitar with a guy that was camping next to us and they are both awesome at playing. It was great to listen to him while our kids were asleep and see how talented my lil' brother is...he is amazing!! Hope all of you had a FABULOUS 24th of July!!
6 comments:
Looks like you had fun! The pic of Scott's bike is crazy you would never guess it had to be wiped out! He is a lucky man...
Hey Mandi, the Lava Hot springs look like a blast. Are they there in UT? You guys are always doing something fun and exciting! I love looking at your blog. Hope to see you soon!
No Lava Hot Springs is actually the city and it's in Idaho. It is fun but a very small town (way smaller than Snowflake)!!
I am glad you guys gad a lot of fun. We missed you during the barbecue!
Man! That is scary about Scott's accident! I am glad he is okay.. poor bike too! And of couse something bad has to happen when he is doing something good like mowing grandma's lawn! Looks like you managed to have a fun weekend anyway!
You have had an eventful couple of weeks huh! Sorry about Scott's accident...don't you wish life could just be consistently smooth! But Lava does look fun...we've only been once and I about killed myself on that stupid high dive
Post a Comment